Uni Clo in Handspun and hand-woven Cotton fabric | Fabric of freedom
- Uni Clo is a non-gender specific clothing line, an abbreviation for UNIversal CLOthing, where the garments are made using Ambara Charaka spun and hand-woven cotton fabric.
- Despite the recent challenges, many of the spinners and weavers of north Karnataka, safely working from home and/or working at co-operative societies were weaving Kora fabric with the existing raw material and without the strain of transporting the yarn for dyeing. The fabric, spun and hand-woven by the women workforce of north Karnataka, with all the warmth and imperfections, embodies the beauty in the versatility and ease of the local craft. Needless to say, we encouraged them to continue working without the use of colour.
- The garment is made from mid-weight (32 counts) ambara charaka handspun and handwoven cotton fabric and has a closed round neck, elbow-length sleeves, small side slits, a single side pocket, and a short front placket sans any buttons which are the telltale sign of our classic design and orderly tailoring.
- This garment is lightweight, absorbs moisture, and breathes well. Hence, wear this garment as loungewear, while working from home, yoga, meditation, as a Baniyan/undershirt, or as nightwear. A replacement to your knit-tee-shirt by a handmade fabric and it's a great gift too! (scroll down for more images).
Colour | Size | Weight
- The stripped Kora fabric, the colour of 'the cotton boll' and Alizarin [natural dye] in all its purity and unbleached is a symbol of simplicity, contentment, eternal, and nature's best.
- 350 grams/shirt.
- The sizes mentioned below are of the shirt and not the body. We suggest you measure one of your shirts which fits you well and compare that to our size chart, you will find a match. Expect 2% fabric shrinkage.
Care | Ethos
- This product is pre-washed. For best results, hand wash in mild/no detergent separately (or with similar colours) and flat dry under the shade or Eco dry clean.
- Ambara charaka handspun and handloom cotton textile is also known as - the freedom fabric. Our work employs local craftspeople, involves ethical practices and sustained means of work and the products are eco-sensitive, mindfully made, 100% cotton, austere and have a low carbon footprint...hence it is a statement about your values and life choices.
Shipping | Exchange
- We ship within three working days after your purchase, after which it should take 3-5 days to reach you within India and 10 to 15 days abroad, depending on the destination Pincode.
- We do not offer refunds on any order placed as most of our products are either made for you or a small batch of exclusive one-of-a-kind pieces. If you wish to exchange for another product or size, do mail us right away and enable us to keep that piece aside for you. The customer has to bear the return cost.