Kora hand-stitched quilt | Fabric of freedom
- Hand-stitched quilt (commonly known as 'Koudi' in Karnataka) in ambara charaka handspun and handwoven cotton textile. (Scroll down for more images)
- The craft of hand quilting has stood the test of time by providing comfort and aesthetics to your home needs. Unsold fabric collected from various cooperative societies, leftover textile from our studio is sent to the rural women-artisans to hand-quilt. These quilts are two-layered and with no batting inside, hence lightweight and manageable. These up-cycled one-of-a-kind quilts can be used as a bedspread, table-cover, bed cover, throw, picnic blanket, or in any other creative way. (Read more about the unique process here)
Colour | Size | Weight.
- Colour: Front - Kora/off-white, Back - Kora/off-white and quilted in off-white cotton thread.
- Size 1: 55" x 83"
- Size2: 57" x 88"
- Size 3: 56" x 90"
- Size 4: 95" x 108"
- Size 5: 96" x 110"
- Size 6: 96" x 106"
- Weight: 1.25 kilos to 205 kilos.
Care | Ethos
- This product is pre-washed. For best results, hand wash in mild/no detergent separately (or with similar colours) and flat dry under the shade or Eco dry clean.
- Ambara charaka handspun and handloom cotton textile is also known as - the freedom fabric. Our work employs local craftspeople, involves ethical practices and sustained means of work and the products are eco-sensitive, mindfully made, 100% cotton, austere and have a low carbon footprint...hence it is a statement about your values and life choices.
Shipping | Exchange
- We ship within 7 working days after your purchase, after which it should take 3-5 days to reach you within India and 10 to 15 days abroad, depending on the destination Pincode.
- We do not offer refunds on any order placed as most of our products are either made for you or a small batch of exclusive one-of-a-kind pieces. If you wish to exchange for another product or size, do mail us right away and enable us to keep that piece aside for you. The customer has to bear the return cost.